Sunday 6 April 2014

12 tags of 2014 - April

 
Howdy Folks!!
 
 Hope you've had a chance to get inky and creative over the last little while.. I have my April tag for Tim Holtz's 12 tags of 2014 to share with you today.. I love this months tag., its just gorgeous..
 
apriltag

 This is my version.. As always I started of with the best of intentions..  but things went a little off course right from the beginning..   When I first started I added in a  stamped layer using Shaded Lilac Distress paint , then followed the rest of Tim's instructions for the background.. I love the extra little bit of colour and texture it gives..

 
I then spied my new packs of idea-ology Adornments and Elastic loops sitting on my desk and  things just went from there..
 
 
This is what I ended up with.. a little different from Tim's, but i'm happy! 
 The photo of cute little girl I've added in is a member of my  family..
 
 
I love the colour combo of shaded lilac, tattered rose and walnut stain, with just a hint of manila peeking out from under the tissue tape..
 
 
So there you have it, another months tag is finished.. Thank you so much for stoping by,
 hope to see you all again soon.
 
Happy creating..
Karen xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Wow!! Gorgeous tag Karen. Love the background and what a cute image. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of the park, as always. Adore the photo, such a great idea to keep it personal to you. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag Karen...love it! Adorable picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I love a step-by-step from you!! This is just gorgeous - simple and complex - soft and grungy - how do you do it!!! I totally love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your tag. I haven't done it yet but this coming Monday I will be doing it. Love your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Tag, Love the vintage look & feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen that is superb! I adore the way you've taken this in a completely different direction yet stayed true to the original (if that makes sense?!) Definitely following you from now. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete