Saturday 8 November 2014

Collaged Christmas..

By now it should be no secret I love to Collage!
There is nothing better than sitting and ripping bit and bobs up, adding in some ink and paint..
ahh bliss!!
 
 With that in mind I have to share with you my first Christmas tag for the year. A little bit of Vintage collaged Christmas.

 
 
 I started off by colouring my woodlands tree - I've used a combo of Iced Spruce Distress Stain Spray and Lettuce colour wash.


   I then cut the back branches out of my tree so that it would sit flat on my tag.. and sprinkled with some Rock Candy Distress glitter, using glossy accents to stick it to my tree.

 
 
 
Then I worked on my collage tag base.. I've used some of my paper from the Holiday's Past paper stash, and of course some of the Christmas ephemera. The Ephemera pack are so good for using when you are collaging!
 
A little bit of distress marker and paint around the edges.. and I have to admit I was nearly tempted to leave it just like this.
 
 
 
But instead I added in my coloured woodlands tree, some wire , remnant rubs and a few embellishments... Christmas tag number 1 done!
 
 
 
 I love the vintage, grungy collaged look to this tag, and cant wait to do some more!
 
 
The Details:
 
Base: #8 Tag
 
Paper:  Tim Holtz : Holiday's Past.
 
Embellishments:
 
Tim  Holtz -
Woodlands Tree
Ephemera Pack - Christmas
Jump Rings
Christmas Muse Token
Bauble
Metal Corner
 
 Ink/Paint:
Distress Marker: Black Soot, Festive Berries, Peeled Paint
Distress Crackle Paint : Picket Fence, Black Soot.
 
Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you have a wonderful day, and hope to see you again soon..
 
Happy Creating,
Karen xxx
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. WOW! Looks fantastic Karen! Love the addition of the tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work Karen, I love that you used a tree on the tag, it looks amazing Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Karen. I just love this look. I wondered if the Colourwash would work on this tree so thanks for answering that question for me. I bought a set when they first came out and still have not used them yet!! I know I should now!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice Karen. The Christmas tree is genius and I love the vintage collage look to the tag. Can't wait to see more of your holiday creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous work Karen. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a creative New Year. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this type of information with us. check this website
    play bazaar
    satta king

    ReplyDelete